Admission to the first semester (Bachelor, Diplom, Staatsexamen)

If you would like to enrol for a bachelor, diploma or state examination course at Kiel University, you will find all the necessary information about application and enrolment here.

Read more: admission to first semester at Kiel University

Students with certificates from foreign educational institutions must apply for all courses of study in the higher semester centrally via the service office uni-assist. in Berlin. You must complete the online application form from Uni-ASSIST. Please note that you still have to send your application documents to Uni-ASSIST via mail or post. It is NOT sufficient to only apply online!

Please note:

In order to enrol for a programme of study at Kiel University, you will have to have successfully completed a DSH test, which has been accredited by the HRK (German Rector's Conference)! Contact:

Lektorat German as a Foreign Language


Some study courses require special previous knowledge. These study courses can be found in the Studienqualifikationssatzung. Please submit the Bescheinigung über "besondere Vorkenntnisse" gemäß Studienqualifikationssatzung along with your application.

Table of  bachelor degree, diploma and state examination programmes

Citizens of EU member states

who are prospective students of Medicine, Denstistry or Pharmacy should apply through . Please read all of the information very carefully and pay special attention to the applicable deadlines.

EU citizens are equal with German applicants. Therefore, EU citizens register first for admission restricted 1 subject bachelor courses  study programmes  via the dialogue-oriented service procedure for the first semester and apply afterwards secondly to uni-assist for the first semester
( Please note the information on Dialogue-Oriented Service Procedures )


German citizens with certificates from foreign educational institutions

  • please apply for subjects with restricted admission via  uni-assist e.V.
    You do not need to have your certificates recognised

  • Please apply via uni-assist e.V. for subjects without admissions
    You do not need to have your certificates recognised


Please note the following deadlines for applications made via uni-assist e.V:

To find out whether your academic certificates entitle you to study at a German university, please visit the website of the Central Office for Foreign Educational Affairs (ZAB) at: